Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Leaf Fall

William Morris has
wall-papered the pavements in
shades of grey and gold.


18 November 2008


After a long discussion at the Poetry Society meeting on Sunday, about the impossibility of not writing a cliched poem about autumn (having already tried a few weeks ago with Paula!), I thought I'd have another go, and have done two versions (see below). Still not sure which version I prefer/is less cliched...

I think I thought about William Morris because I went to an exhibtion of paintings, photos, sculptures and poems, inspired by him a few months ago. I also discovered there is a William Morris Museum in Walthamstow, which I haven't yet managed to go to, as its opening hours are a bit restricted!


Leaf Fall [Version 2]

William Morris has
papered the pavements in shades
of grey and yellow.

18 November 2008

No comments: