Thursday, March 13, 2008

Chiffon Knickers

I own just one pair
Of sexy knickers.
I wear them under
A clinging dress,
To avoid the rolling of fat
Over elastic waist bands,
Because they rest on my flesh,
And don't dig in.


But I also know
All day, that they are there,
And await their discovery
By the ambulance men,
After the bus accident of legend,
Our mothers always warned us about.


3 March 2008


I forgot to say earlier, that this was one I wrote"on the spot" during one of my creative writing workshops with Paula. We chose the theme of clothes. Not my usual style at all! I'm still debating whether I shld have "skin" at the end of the 7th line. It rhymes with the "in" in the next line, but "flesh" assonnates (is that the verb?!) with "rest". Strangely, Paula's poem was much more in my usual style!

1 comment:

Jo Shepherd (Senior) said...

I loved this one, I feel inspired to go out now and buy my one pair of sexy pants, maybe a trip to Rigby and Peller is in order. The word "Flesh" is sexier and naughtier than "skin" in this instance, and, in my opinion, should be left in, and indeed applauded.

I watched you future Haiku poems with interest.

Jo xxx