Friday, February 22, 2008

Later Divorce Poems, without notes (so far...)

Dark Day Facial

My flailing heartbeat
Slows under the beautician's
Fluttering fingers.


Les Mains Sales

My flesh rots, where your
Hands touched me; and the gangrene
Spreads beyond my skin.


12 October 2007



Imitating Art

Upstairs, the police
Seize evidence, while I watch

CSI” downstairs.


17 October 2007



First Christmas

The cards are coming
In – some still addressed to you
And me. I put the
Goats on the piano, and
The sheep on the mantelpiece.


12 December 2007



False Economy

The Christmas cards,
Bought cheap in the January sales,
Sit unwritten in the hall:
Unsendable.

When I opened
Their box, loft-stored for eleven months,
I found you had pre-signed them,
Before carrying them up:
To avoid my Advent nagging.


Final draft: 20 January 2008


No comments: